Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Brief Post....Might As Well.

So anyway....I got time, so I might as well write something.

Reading.....ah, the wonder of it. This amazing art of discovery and creativity has been all but lost on the youth nowadays. I should know, considering I'm still in the terrible, rundown, algae covered high school that I must attend for another year and a half. I have even witnessed a good three fourths of a classroom groan when assigned to read The War of the Worlds because it was a "chapter book." That statement lead me to believe that these high school students have lived about 14 years of their lives only reading books with pretty little pictures in it and that have about three sentences on a page. I am not trying to brag at all, but I am an AP student and make excellent grades. This honestly offended me. I could not believe many things I heard in that class. As much as I dearly enjoyed it and truly respected the teacher, I cannot believe I didn't rip my ears off my head after some of the things I heard in that class. It's a good think I document these things....but that's a story for a different time.

So my point in this shorter raving session is this: READ. Please. Our future depends on it. Half our politicians already appear to posses the intelligence of a raccoon. Surely we can strive for better. Please read. I don't want to sound like one of the awkward public television commercials, but it is the honest truth. Reading will make you smarter and hopefully help with improving your creativity. This is a good thing. Don't panic if the words seem to hard to understand either. There is a thing called a dictionary too. If you have to, there is even dictionary.com. Please help me not go completely insane and read a book.

This message has been brought to you by a concerned citizen who just happens to have too much time on his hands. Thank you for reading....if you care at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment